VACATION RENTAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
What makes us the best vacation rental management company in the area?
1. Experience. San Carlos Agency, Inc. has been intimately involved in property management for over 65 years. We know the local rental markets better than anybody and we abide by all local county and city laws that are in accordance with the California Civil Code.
2. Reputation. As a fourth generation, family-owned and operated business with deep roots in Carmel-by-the-Sea, San Carlos Agency, Inc. has a strong reputation for providing quality service to our owners and guests. We pride ourselves on being honest and fair in all of our dealings while our exceptional service regularly leads to repeat and referral business.
3. Inventory. We have an extensive inventory of vacation rental homes in Carmel and the surrounding areas. Whether in-person, by phone, or online, when people are looking for a vacation rental home in this area, they have been coming to us first since 1954!
4. Infrastructure. Our office is fully-staffed to handle the challenges of property management. We have separate Vacation Rental agents and Long Term Rental agents who are experts in their respective fields. We have an Accounting Department that meticulously handles the financials of your property including rental income, security deposits, utility bills, 1099’s, and comprehensive monthly statements. We have a Maintenance Operations Department with a full time maintenance professional and we maintain a strong relationship with the area’s most reliable service vendors. Our office is open seven days a week, and we have an agent on call around the clock to handle after hours emergencies.
5. Location. We are a local business. Located near the Barnyard in Carmel, we are within a short drive to all of our vacation rental properties.
6. Occupancy Rate. Practically all of our homes are booked year round. Our knowledge of the rental market helps us set fair rental rates that maximize income and minimize vacancy time. Our comprehensive and user-friendly website, in addition to our effective online marketing strategy, brings in the most qualified guests to our properties.
What services do we provide owners as a full-time property management agency?
1. Marketing. We photograph and market your property online and directly to our extensive client list. While we are constantly picking up new clients, our repeat guests are our top source of business.
2. Preparations. We will let you know what you need in your home to make it rental-ready. From linens to televisions and Wi-Fi, we will help you prepare to rent your home to vacation rental guests.
3. Reservations. We take reservations online, on the phone, and in-person. We show your property to prospective guests and we collect all security deposits and rents prior to check-in.
4. Cleaning & Laundry. We schedule cleans before and after guest and owner stays. We send out linens to be cleaned and pressed and we schedule window and carpet cleaning as needed.
5. Inspections. We frequently assure “eyes on” your property after cleans to check on the condition of your home and make any recommendations.
6. Maintenance. We handle maintenance items that arise outside of owner stays. We will consult with you on major repairs and provide recommendations on upgrades as needed. With over 60 years of experience, we have seen it all and know the best way to handle almost any issue.
7. Communication. We provide monthly and year-end statements, provide feedback from our inspections, and contact you when major maintenance items occur at your property. We provide estimates and give you our knowledgeable recommendations. We maintain an online owner's portal to allow you to reserve your home with ease and convenience. You may also utilize the portal to see upcoming and past guest reservations as well as check the status of maintenance requests.
8. Check-In & Check-Out. We are open seven days a week to handle check-in’s and check-out’s. We provide all guests with a complimentary bottle of wine and provide recommendations for restaurants, events, sights, and activities. We offer a level of customer service that is unparalleled in the industry. At check-out, we collect comments and reviews from our guests. We settle any charges and handle the prompt return of security deposits.
9. End of Year Paperwork. We provide accurate, itemized year-end statements along with your 1099 to make tax preparations easier for you.
Please see our reviews on Yelp and then call us at (831) 624-2893 or email us at email@example.com to discuss your home today.