Providing Complete Real Estate Solution Since 1954
As a real estate sales and property management company, we provide solutions for all of your real estate needs. We offer sales and rental services from beachfront, high-end luxury homes to affordable downtown condos and charming Carmel cottages. With an in-depth knowledge of the local real estate markets coupled with over 60 years of property management experience, we can help you no matter what your situation. For example, we help people who are:
- Looking for a long term rental on the Monterey Peninsula with the goal of purchasing a home in the future.
- Renovating their home and in need of a furnished property for several months.
- New to the area and want to experience living in the different communities before purchasing.
- From out of town and need a short term rental while searching for a home to purchase.
- Planning to purchase a vacation home and rent it to generate income when they are not using it.
- Looking to purchase an investment property as a long term rental.
- In need of information about a home they inderited and wish to use to generate income or sell.
- Ready to purchase or sell a home right now.
For over 60 years, San Carlos Agency has been a family-owned and operated real estate and property management company located in Carmel, California. Established in 1954 by Jack and Ione Miller, the company is now in its third generation of family ownership under the leadership of Jeff Britton. We are the top property management company in the Carmel area as well as a full-service real estate company. Unlike our corporate competitors, we do not feel pressure to simply generate high sales numbers. Instead, we focus on what is best for each of our clients based on their individual situations, even if it means advising them to not purchase or sell. We provide our clients with the information and advice to help them make the best decisions. We have found over the years that our honest approach to real estate results in satisfied clients who become repeat business and good sources for referrals.
Our agency manages one of the largest housing inventories on the Peninsula: over 400 combined furnished vacation rentals, long term unfurnished homes and condos, as well as commercial spaces for lease. Our expert staff is the best in the business in the fields of real estate sales, vacation rental management and reservations, long term rental management and leasing, commercial property management, maintenance operations, and accounting.
Contact us to talk to an agent about your real estate objectives today!
Meet The team!
San Carlos Agency, Inc. has gained a well-deserved reputation as a top Carmel-by-the-Sea real estate brokerage and property management company. We could not have achieved this status without our professional and well-trained staff. Below are some introductions.
- Jeff Britton (Owner/Broker, Realtor®, BRE#01112309) is the President of San Carlos Agency and has been selling property in Carmel and the surrounding Monterey Peninsula area for over 25 years.
Terri Britton (Vice-President, BRE#01156379) is the wife of President, Jeff Britton, and has managed vacation rentals at San Carlos Agency for over 20 years.
- James Pfeiffer (General Manager, Realtor®, BRE#01943471) was raised on the Monterey Peninsula and graduated from Stevenson High School and the United States Naval Academy. He spent 20 years as a Navy fighter pilot and has recently returned to the Peninsula to join the San Carlos Agency team.
Long Term Department:
- Mark Orrisch (Property Manager, Realtor®, BRE#01137760) grew up in Carmel and has worked in real estate and property management at San Carlos Agency for nearly 20 years.
Julie Taylor (Property Manager, Realtor®, BRE#01316233) moved to the area in 1983 and has worked in the real estate industry for over 10 years.
Jack Britton (Property Manager, Realtor®, BRE#01878357) is fourth-generation at San Carlos Agency and the grandson of company founders, Jack and Ione Miller. He was born and raised in Carmel, attended Stevenson High School and Middlebury College, spent five years working for Major League Baseball in New York City, and recently received his Master of Science in Real Estate from the University of San Diego.
Vacation Rental Department:
- Jana Clark (Property Manager, BRE#01199879) grew up in Southern Oregon and, since moving to the Peninsula, has managed long-term and vacation rental properties at San Carlos Agency for over 20 years.
Mollie Nabor (Property Manager, BRE#01903187) is a native of Monterey County and has worked in the real estate industry since 2004. She has been an agent in the Vacation Rental Department since 2010.
- Lori Britton-Pfeiffer (Property Manager, BRE#01388635) is fourth-generation at San Carlos Agency and has been intimately involved with the company for over 20 years. After growing up in both Carmel and Sacramento, she earned her undergraduate degree from UCSB and her Master's from Chapman University.
- Nancy Schlegel (Accounting Manager) was born and raised on the Monterey Peninsula and has managed the Accounting Department at San Carlos Agency for over 20 years.
- Caroline Brady (Accounting Assistant) earned her undergraduate degree from UCSB and her Master's from UCLA. She moved to the Monterey Peninsula in 2000 and enjoys raising her two children in this beautiful area while working part-time at San Carlos Agency.